OOOOReading The CAMx manual describes the process of configuring and running CAMx. Download the manual, read about the CAMx namelist and familiarize yourself with the options.
OOOORun the CAMx test case by following the steps below. The instructions assume you are running CAMx on Emerald, but this is not required. The CAMx test case combines step 5 and 6 with a job file that creates a namelist and executes CAMx. In this assignment, you will modify the job script to make edits to the namelist and to set up CAMx execution. (note: If you simply copy and paste the commands from this document to the Terminal, the underscores will not copy. Make sure you type all of them in manually.)
- ssh into hpc.ufl.edu in Terminal
- In your /scratch/lfs/username create a folder CAMx ( mkdir )
- In the /scratch/lfs/username/CAMx/ folder, create a folder src ( mkdir )
- In the /scratch/lfs/username/CAMx/src folder, download CAMx source
- Uncompress src
tar -xzf CAMx_v6-00-src-130522.tgz
- In the /scratch/lfs/username/CAMx folder, download CAMx test inputs (
- uncompress files
tar -xzf CAMx6-00-test_run-inputs_met-130506.tgz; tar -xzf CAMx6-00-test_run-inputs_other-130506.tgz
- In the /scratch/lfs/username/CAMx/src folder compile CAMx for the test case using the portland group compiler (
make i_linuxomp), note: you may have to add the compiler first (
module load intel/2012),
- Edit the job script to be sure it is running the right executable (
../src/CAMx.v6.00.noMPI.i_linuxomp) and is using the right inputs, and
- Use qsub (
qsub -l walltime=10:00:00 -q submit -l nodes=1:ppn=1 ./CAMx v5.40.midwest.36.12.20020506- 07.noMPI.job) to submit the job for execution on the cluster.
- How many days are run in the test case?
- What are the main differences between the inputs for the first day and the other day(s)?
- List the input files that a simulation requires and put a start beside those that are domain specific?
- Which are meteorology?
- Which are emissions?
- Are “initial, boundary, and top” conditions all “boundary conditions”?